How Can IOT Improve Barcoding In Manufacturing?
How is IOT (Internet-of-Things) changing and improving barcoding in manufacturing?
The manufacturing sector has changed much in recent years and the change has a lot to do with IoT. IoT stands for the Internet of Things, which means in general terms the interconnection via the Internet of computing devices embedded in everyday objects, which enable them to send and receive data.
The IoT has changed virtually everything globally, but more specifically for the manufacturing sector this means it has provided manufacturers with a larger base to access for data across each phase of their vast networks of supply chains. This information allows them to more efficiently track the location and condition of their assets (both products and personnel) through a secure network, and analyze the data and react to situations and adjust accordingly in real-time.
Highlights of how IoT has transformed manufacturing:
- enables real-time communication to improve efficiency
- provides network of connections between field operations personnel with one another, to the supply chain, as well as to customers, providing ability to deliver higher-quality service levels
- monitors the status of goods during transport to ensure maintenance of all quality and safety standards
- tracks the route of inventory through the supply chain guaranteeing shipment arrives in the right place at the right time
Summary of the benefits of IoT to manufacturing:
- improved loss prevention, improved safety and quality controls
- improved customer service levels
- maximizing asset utilization and streamlining supply chain operations
- supply chain visibility
For more information on the IoT and how it can help with barcode label printing and barcode scanning in manufacturing or to learn more about your options for all your printer, labeling and barcode scanning needs, call us as (800) 643-2664 and immediately talk to one of our friendly representatives; or chat us up on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn!
Keep your barcoding equipment running in your manufacturing plant! Download our FREE maintenance ebooks now.
Download eBook Now >>
Download eBook Now >>