Zebra Asset Management Predict Identify
How to do better asset management with Zebra products to predict and identify.
by Barry Barcode
The key to great asset management is the ability to easily allocate, track and trace all your resources (fixed assets and inventory levels) at all times and to efficiently optimize all of them. This is certainly easier said than done. Plus, being able to predict upcoming issues or identify problems proactively to prevent larger or further issues can save valuable downtime and associated costs and frustrations.
What needs to be done to accomplish this, you ask?
- provide your technicians with resources to monitor, diagnose and resolve asset and equipment issues according to preventative, predictive, and conditions-based strategies
- automate the asset and tool tracking process to improve inventory accuracy – reducing errors and inventory efficiency
- manage maintenance costs through automated tracking per work order
- in real-time monitor activity of high-value assets including identity, time, date and place of movement, and conditions that can be easily accessed and data utilized by multiple departments and operations, for inventory tracking, asset accounting, historical data, life cycle management, security, and reporting
- ability to design efficient workflows based on data collected eliminating identified bottlenecks and inefficiencies, thus improving productivity and increasing revenues
- minimize shrinkage through better tracking of parts and tools
One example would be utilizing Zebra Technologies’ enabling technologies (including RFID and RTLS). These highlight the daily activity of all equipment, people and actions, thus providing you in real time the location, condition, timing, accuracy, and speed of the events occurring throughout your entire operation. This technology provides beneficial information for improved profitability and pinpoints areas of weakness for greater insight into key areas requiring improvement.
There are a wide variety of hardware devices offered by Zebra Technologies to choose from to incorporate within your fleet.
Key Hardware Options available to utilize would be:
- Handheld Computers – single-device ease designed for manufacturing results in convenient handheld technology for instant and accurate information
- Rugged Barcode Scanners – provide extreme external durability and industry-leading data capture technology
- RFID Readers – either mobile, handheld or fixed, RFID readers can help you achieve maximum visibility into your enterprise assets
- Industrial Printers – provides barcode asset tracking with high volume printing
- RFID Printers – print with traceable RFID tags to optimize supply chain management
- Desktop Printers – convenient and ideal for small to mid-volume printing of label printing, wristband printing, receipt printing or ticket printing
In regards to Software options, Zebra Technologies has you covered regardless of the type of business operations you specialize in.
Below are the various Software Location Solution options currently available for implementation:
- Sports Solution – player tracking insights allows fans to relate to sports through cross-channel engagement and transform coaching and player personnel evaluations
- Asset Visibility – utilize real time tracking visible value chain solution for asset visibility
- Yard Management – improves yard planning and efficiency with actionable and optional real-time intelligence
- Work In Progress – the visible value chain solution tailors a mix of technologies including RTLS
- Inventory Tracking – provides the detailed information needed by manufacturers, distributors and service companies
- Material Flow System – increases real time tracking efficiency, for a RTLS solution
For further information on Zebra’s asset management systems, including Zebra mobile barcode scanning computers and Zebra barcode label printers or Zebra printer repair, call us at (800) 643-2664 and immediately talk to one of our friendly representatives; or chat us up on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn!
Keep your asset management equipment running. Download our FREE ebooks now.